GENERAL PRACTICE SCHEDULE & INFO:
- Practices for all sports run from 2:30- 5:00 on Monday-Thursday. (Most sports will have practice on the first two Fridays of their season unless otherwise indicated.)
- Changes in practice schedules will be communicated by the coaches to the athletes.
- Students will need the following on the first day of practice: Athletic clothing like shorts, t-shirt, sweatshirt (optional depending on weather & sport), athletic shoes, water bottle with name labeled on it.
- Athletes will be able to access a locker room to change before practice.
- Athletes will use their assigned PE lockers. If athletes are not in a PE class, lockers will be assigned by coaches during the first week of practice to store athletic gear only.
GAME TIMES: (Updated schedules can be found on our Athletics Calendar)
- When Mead schools (Mountainside, Highland, and Northwood) play against each other, most home & away games will start between 3:30- 3:45.
- When we play other schools, game start times will vary from 3:30-4:15.
- In some cases, games will be "stacked" or scheduled back-to-back, which means the 2nd game will start 10-15 minutes after the end of the 1st.
- Schedules are subject to change.
ACTIVITY BUS and RIDES AFTER EVENTS:
- Athletes must be registered for a late activity bus - [Register Here!]
- Activity buses are available after practice at 5:00 or you can pick up your athlete in the west parking lots after practice.
- Please do not pick up your athlete in the bus loop on the east side of the school.
- If an athlete needs to ride the activity bus home on a game night, they will need to let their coaches know ahead of time. Coaches will release them early enough from the game to catch the bus. This will work for HOME games only.
- Buses from AWAY games will not be back to Mountainside on time to catch the activity bus.
- Coaches will send home a game schedule and will communicate with athletes regarding any changes to the schedule. [click here for coach's contact information]
- An athlete can ONLY be picked up from an AWAY event by a parent/guardian unless an Alternate Travel Request has been completed prior to the event.
- Grandparents, siblings, or other family members can pick up an athlete after a practice or home game at Mountainside or after the bus returns from an away game.
- Coaches will communicate pick-up times for away games with the athlete.